Search This Blog

Monday, December 29, 2014

2014: A Year of Healing and Gratitude


     As this year quickly draws to a close, I want to take this opportunity to express my sincerest gratitude to those who have worked tirelessly to help me heal from the wounds of PTSD.  In my most popular post titled Paying It Forward . . . A Gift to Ourselves and Humanity (6/1/2014), I thanked many people who were instrumental in my transformation from a broken spirit to a more balanced existence.

    Several months have passed since that post and I have become more attuned to the way that universal energy affects the very fabric of our being.  For the first time in over 50 years of living on this planet, I can say that I am truly at peace with respect to the mind, body, and spirit.  A few weeks ago, I sent the staff at the Natural Health Improvement Center of Alsip a letter of gratitude for the amazing work that was done on my behalf inside the walls of what I termed, a house of healing.  As I say goodbye to 2014, I want to share these sentiments with you, my readers.  Although what I wrote only scratches the surface of how I feel, it will at least give you a snapshot into this unique world of healing.  Be well, enjoy, and I will see you in 2015:


A Year of Healing and Gratitude

Dear Dr. Stacy,

     When I first walked into the Natural Health Improvement Center my mind, body, and spirit were almost broken by more than a decade and a half of battling with PTSD.  However, as the many months have passed, I can truly say that I am well on my way to a more balanced life.  Having said this, I would be remiss if I did not thank the following people:

To Dr. Stacy: Ross Perot once said “Eagles don’t flock, you have to find them one at a time.” This I can say, that you have certainly gathered for yourself some of the best and most compassionate people to work with you in this healing house.  Our journey towards healing my body (organs) from the wounds of an overactive stress response has only just begun, but I already feel the progress being made.

To Danielle, Colleen, and Christina: Collectively you are the front face and first point of entry into this practice.  Your superior command of the products and services offered has restored my faith in the art of good customer service.  Additionally, you take a vested interest in the lives of each client by actively sharing in our successes along the road to wellville.  Human interpersonal communication is one of the best methods of healing the soul.

To Dr. Kat:  Thank you so much for keeping this “Humpty Dumpty” together in one piece while I took a walk from the dark side of the moon, back into the light of personal wellbeing.  I still have a way to go, but with your help I can effectively balance the weight of this journey squarely on my shoulders.

To Erin: When I first inquired about acupuncture as a way to heal myself, Danielle described you as being brilliant.  This is only one of many things you offer to your clients.  I am truly blessed that our paths crossed at what was a critical moment in my life (as you always say it’s the Universe speaking to us).  You are the best spiritual healer/guide that I could have joined forces with.  What I truly appreciate is that you describe our relationship not as a practitioner-client, but rather as teacher-student. That, my friend, is why I more firmly rooted to Mother Earth once again.  I bow deeply in gratitude for the lessons you have taught me.

     I am sure after the many conversations we have had, by now you know that Judy and I have a strong spiritual connection to the Hawaiian Islands.  When one has been accepted by the Hawaiian people, you become Ohana (family).  We both consider each one of you Ohana, for all that you have done, and all that you continue to do to build this House of Aloha.  If there is anything I can do to help spread or support your mission of healing, please do not hesitate to call.

As they say in Hawaiian: Aloha, Mahalo nui loa, and during this time of year: Mele Kalikimaka.

                                                         With abiding respect and gratitude,

                                   

                                                            Tim Grutzius

No comments:

Post a Comment