Search This Blog

Monday, October 5, 2015

Loyalty, Humility, Selflessness


Dearest Judy,

     It is hard to believe that 19 years ago on this day you became my wife-time has passed by like the blink of an eye.  When I close my eyes, my senses open up to everything about that day: me (with tears in my eyes) watching you walk down the aisle, you grasping my hand as we walked up the steps to the altar to be joined together forever as one, the vows, pictures, limo ride, and so on.
 
 

     The next scene in my mind’s eye shifts to our reception where I stood before family and friends and related three qualities you possess that were, and still are most endearing to me:

·         Loyalty- you are most loyal human being that I know in this world: to friends, family, work, and our vows as husband and wife.

·         Humility- you are a most humble person, and all you asked for in this life was to be a husband and wife who lead a simple life, who never take more than they give.

·         Selflessness-you give your all in every relationship whether it be professional or personal, without any agenda other than making this world a better place to live.

     The best things in life really do fly by so fast, and believe it or not I have thoroughly enjoyed every moment of this ride even through tough times.  We have lost several good people in this world, and yet have always stood by each other with all the support and love we could give.

     However, what I admire about you the most is that you took on the role of a firefighter’s wife with an incredible amount of courage and stamina.  There is not a doubt in my mind that this job changed me and injured my psyche to the level of post-traumatic stress. You rode this emotional rollercoaster with me for over 16 years and yet never wavered in your loyalty, humility, and selflessness.  For these reasons I consider you my personal hero in life, and I cannot wait to see what the next 19 years will bring.   The latest edition from Zac Brown and Company says it all:
 
 
 

 
Happy Anniversary Sweetie!!

Love always and forever,

 

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment