Search This Blog

Thursday, January 9, 2014

In The Beginning . . .


     Robert Frost once wrote: "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference" (2014).  I think Mr. Frost was speaking about the decisions we make on our journey through this hectic world, and the positive outcome (s) should we diverge from the mainstream.

     Greetings, in health and wellbeing to all who find this informative blog.  My name is Tim Grutzius and I am a wellness educator and certified personal trainer.  My overall goal is to develop a community of people who want to improve their quality of life along with the activities of daily living.  It will be a place where individuals from all walks of life can come to share their stories on how they strive for a more balanced existence so that others may learn to do the same.

     Over the past several years I have become better educated about natural self-care of which I will pass along to our community. Topics of discussion will include: herbs, aromatherapy, Bach Flower Essences, chiropractic, massage, acupuncture, etc.  I have used all of these modalities with great success to maintain body homeostasis (balance) when I faced common ailments.  Additionally,  I will conduct field interviews with the practitioners that have helped me find this balance so that you, the reader, will gain better insight into these healing methods.

     Holism looks at an individual's mind-body-spirit connection.  Therefore, what you learn on these pages may have worked for others, but you may not respond with the same success.  Remember, we are individuals, and not carbon copies.  I must also caution that if you have a pre-existing condition (s), you should always consult with your primary healthcare provider prior to trying any suggestions of fellow community members.  Some modalities may be contraindicated with your current medical protocols or prescribed medications.

     My goal is to provide you with an educational experience that makes you a better informed person.  I welcome you to post questions about self-care and fitness.  If I do not know the answer, I will research using due diligence and provide references with any posted information.

     Finally, as a certified personal trainer, I will cover fitness related topics that use the most up-to-date science-based exercise recommendations from organizations such as the American Council on Exercise and the American College of Sports Medicine.

     Once again, I welcome all who find this new community and if you stay,  please invite others to join in the conversation. Together, let's answer Robert Frost's call to action, and take the road less traveled.  In our case, it is the road to a more balanced and fit life.  In my next post I will set the stage by sharing my own personal story.

                                                                         Yours in health,

                                                                          Tim
 
This article is for informational purposes only. It is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent disease. This article has not been reviewed by the FDA. Always consult with your primary care physician or naturopathic doctor before making any significant changes to your health and wellness routine.
 
Frost, Robert. The Road Not Taken. Poetry Foundation.  Retrieved from http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/173536 on 1/1/2014.
 
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment