Search This Blog

Monday, August 10, 2015

The Sunshine Blogger Award: An Honor I Humbly Accept and Share


To My Readers,

     About a week-and-a- half ago, I was nominated and received The Sunshine Blogger Award from fellow blogger and paramedic Natalie Harris, who hails from Canada.  I connected with Natalie via Twitter as we share the same passion for spreading the word about behavioral health issues that affect first responders. The link below is from Natalie’s original post:


     Thanks Nat for this nomination that recognizes my work.  You are a blogger extraordinaire in your own right, and I am honored to accept this recognition from you.

     Every nominee has the responsibility of answering the following questions, and then pays it forward by recognizing other bloggers in kind.

What is the most important thing to you?  The love and support of my wife Judy, who is my best friend in life. She was there with me through all the ups and downs of my struggle with PTSD, yet remained loyal through it all.

If you could go anywhere right now, where would it be?  I would go back to the Blue Ridge Mountains just outside of Asheville, North Carolina, because they had such a peaceful and mesmerizing effect on me.

What’s your favorite thing about blogging?  Writing and sharing what I have learned about life with others has been the most gratifying and healing experience I could have ever imagined.  We are only given so much time on this Earth and it is our fundamental duty as the member of the human race to leave it a little better off than we found it, before we leave it once again.

What’s your favorite thing about yourself?  It is my ability to be able to laugh and make fun of myself, especially when I act like a fool.  It is even more entertaining to watch Judy imitate me as I can laugh hours later about it.

What has been your biggest challenge in life so far?  My biggest challenge was struggling with post-traumatic stress for over a decade and a half.  Although I am healing with each passing day, I have found out that it takes a lot of hard work and energy to remain balanced considering I still work in a demanding and high stress occupation.

Do you believe in love at first sight?  I believe in attraction at first sight, but not love.  A relationship is forever organically evolving through time and takes effort to make it work.  As Saint Paul once wrote: “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, and it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres.”

Where do you see yourself in ten years?  A decade from now I will hopefully be retired six years from the fire department, and living in a more temperate climate than Illinois.  In the near future I will be starting a wellness consulting and fitness education business which I hope will flourish in its own right.

How many languages do you speak?  Two: English, and the made up twin language I have with my brother.

What do you thing is your best post so far?  Link it. http://abalancedlifeselfcare.blogspot.com/2015/06/swimming-in-love.html

What’s your favorite quote?  "Everyone is my teacher.  Some I seek.  Some I subconsciously attract.  Often I learn simply by observing others.  Some may be completely unaware that I'm learning from them, yet I bow deeply in gratitude." - Eric Allen

If you could recommend one fellow blogger for me to follow, who would it be, and why?  Natalie Harris (I have to pay it backwards on this one: http://paramedicnatsmentalhealthjourney.wordpress.com): Natalie is a paramedic from Canada who writes about her struggles with job-related post-traumatic stress, as well as issues from her own personal life.  She willingly shares her story in an effort to remove the stigma from behavioral health, and encourages others to do the same.

 

 


 

 

Now I will nominate my choices for a Sunshine Blogger’s Award:

1.      Natural Health Improvement Center

2.      Dr. Debra Lindh

3.      Safe Call Now

4.      American College of Healthcare Sciences

Now that you have received your peer “award” (and only if you care to), answer the same questions, and then nominate your own fellow bloggers.  You can post the Blogger Award picture to your own blog/website.

In Health and Wellness,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment