Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Love and Peace Will Always be Intertwined


     In my last post I told you about the story of a small child, his family, and what seemed to be a mountain of grief that was heaped on them to include not only his battle with leukemia, but also the loss of his grandfather.  In the week that followed my hearing of this story, I continued to wonder why one family would experience such events in a short span of time.  I realized that this situation is not unique to just them, but happens every day in this large, yet seemingly small world of ours.  Still I perseverated on this issue, and as usual the universe spoke back to me loud and clear.

     I watch the television show Chicago Fire, and in the latest installment titled Forgiving, Relentless, Unconditional I found my answer.  The story line revolved around the death of a small child (in a fire) which was caused by the negligence of his own father.  At the end of this episode the fictitious CFD chaplain named Father Orlovsky delivered this eloquent eulogy, and hence the answer to the question I pondered about for days:

“I want to talk to you today about a subject that touches every one of us, loss.  Sometimes we are faced with things we think we just can’t handle- the death of a loved one, a father, a child, and we strive to find the reason behind it all.

 And when those reasons don’t make sense- It’s me.  We question God.  We look up and we say: “God, how could you do this to us?  How can you put so much on our plate?”  But we are not operating on God’s timetable are we?  We don’t understand God’s plan, how can we?  And let me tell you, this is where faith comes in.

Faith can help us see His message in our own lives.  Perhaps this loss is there to teach us not to take the ones we love for granted; to cherish the simple, mundane moments; to love others as fiercely, and as bravely, and as compassionately as we can.

And in that love, human love: forgiving, relentless, unconditional love, you’ll find peace.”



In Health and Wellness,

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment